Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 11, 2010

Quick Note: Looking for a hobby.


I've been really really looking into buying a new camera. I usually just get the plain "digital cameras" that have done me some good. Every since I've seen here on the blogs of other BLM having projects, I want to participate in some way...just not so sure what yet. Some photogrpahy of something. First things first, I want to buy a new GOOD QUALITY camera. I'm no photographer so I have no idea what to look for etc. I just know I like taking pictures and documenting things, oh! and I want the pictures to look crystal clear. lol, as you can see, no professional here! If anyone knows any information or tips, please let me know, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Marissa, I think the best bet would be the Canon Rebel (it's actually the one in your pic at the top of this post!). Super easy to use in "point and click" mode if you don't know what you're doing, but enough fanciness if you decide you want to learn more about photography. It was my first semi-pro camera and I LOVED it-takes awesome pics! I got mine on craigslist for like $200. Definitely go used! The lens the camera comes with is great, but if you're going to want to buy any others, let me know and I can give you some ideas :) Xoxo

Kalialani said...

hahaha this is the camera I was looking into as well because I heard about it from YOU Kristin :) But I REALLY hope we can get cameras! I can't wait to start on these new projects we have no idea about yet lol

Kelley said...

Ditto...I have this one and I love it!

Marissa Marie. said...

I saw it on Best Buy for like $700 !! I've never bought anything from craiglist. You bought this one from craiglist?? I really want to get it. I'm glad you wrote to this Kristin, I knew you were good at photography stuff! That's what I need right now, a semi-pro camera that's not my normal digital. I don't want to feel over-whelmed. See, and Kelley has it too! It must be pretty good :] Kelly are the photos on your blog from the camera? I like how they look. Thanks everyone. And Kalia, I'm so excited. I really really want one now! I got to make it happen!