Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 24, 2010

OC Walk to Remember 2010



Like I've mentioned, I've always been looking forward to this walk to do in honor of my son. It's always rewarding to honor your angel in any way you can, and doing this walk made me feel proud that I got to share with supporters, and other's who have gone through the same thing. Being together with 1600 + people, made it so comforting. I will continue to do this walk as a tradition every year to keep Jr.'s spirit alive.

On Saturday morning on October 23rd, my family and Daniel woke up at 5am in the morning! We weren't sure what to expect since this was our first year doing this. Registration started at 7am and we wanted to beat any crowds. The people who joined us in the walk were my mom, step dad, brothers, my three best friends, my mom's best friend and her neice. Some people couldn't make it. I did send a prior email at the beginning of October to remind everyone who I invited to take the day off work, and that I'd really appreciate the support. Sadly, I only got a few responses. I am grateful for the support I did get and will always remember who's always there. Anyway, we got there and surprisingly, we were there pretty early. The weather was not great at all. It was gloomy, cold, and sprinkling. I had to use an umbrella because it's been sprinkling pretty hard. We registered pretty quickly, got our "goody" bag that I didn't use because it was just coupons to eat at the places by the walk lol, and I got my T-Shirt and a sign to pin on my shirt. We had a chance to decorate it, but it was not working out. The paper sign was a weird material and it when it got wet, you can't use any markers. I was bummed out. It's okay though. Something that we also didn't get to do that they did last year was the huge wall signing to our babies. The ceremony started at around 8:15am and it was extremely emotional although I did have a disrespectful mother and her three little ones be loud and rude the whole ceremony. BESIDES the fact, it was a good ceremony. They had a slideshow of pictures we turned in of our babies. Then they read the babies' names one by one, and we went up to receive a white rose.

Then, it was time for the walk. On the way to the starting line, I noticed Tiffany, another BLM friend that also blogs. I got to take some pics with her and meet her kids. I was truly happy to see her. She's the first BLM I have met in person. Then during the beginning I saw her during the walk too.

After walking the 5k, my family and friends all went out to eat at Red Robin. I felt really good afterwards and hoped that my angel was proud of his parents :) Until next year... Here are some more pictures to share.


No comments: